Montgomery Gentry playing in Banner County for Cattleman's Ball - kotanow.com- Scottsbluff Area News, Sports, and Weather

Montgomery Gentry playing in Banner County for Cattleman's Ball

Posted: Updated:

Country music artists Montgomery Gentry will headline the entertainment at the 2014 Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska on Saturday, June 7.  The duo currently has fourteen Top 10 singles, including five No. 1's, "Something To Be Proud Of", "If You Ever Stop Loving Me", "Lucky Man", "Back When I Knew It All" and "Roll With Me".

The event will be held at Hoot Owl Ranch, near Harrisburg, in Banner County of the Nebraska Panhandle.  Host families for the event will be Kenny & Misty Stauffer along with the ranch owners Jeff & Kathy May.  The theme for the event will be "Corral A Cure for Cancer".

Despite the millions of albums sold, the sold out shows and the scores of awards and accolades, Montgomery Gentry remains in touch with its working class roots.  "We are blue collar workers and we lived the songs that we sing," says Troy.  "People can associate themselves with our songs"

There's no doubt that they're hard-running honky tonkers, but Eddie and Troy are also empathetic citizens of the world.  Acknowledged by the Academy of Country Music as the 2010 winners of its Humanitarian Award, they devote their time and energy into making the needs of others a priority, being active participants in many charitable organizations.

The Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska is an annual event that is held at a different ranch each year to raise cancer awareness and as a fundraiser for cancer research.  The goal for the 2014 event is to raise $2.5 million for cancer research and local medical causes.  90% of the proceeds will go to the Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, with the remaining 10% earmarked toward regional medical organizations.

The co-chairs for 2014 are Jeff Heldt and Monty Stoddard.  The celebration which will be held on Friday & Saturday is open to the public and will include both silent & live auctions, a style show, golf tournament and art show. Additional events will be a Saturday night dinner followed by the Montgomery Gentry concert.  A dance following the concert will be held as well to round out the day's activities. 

A Trail Boss ticket for both days of the event is $350, this includes a Friday social, private champagne reception and brunch on Saturday, plus preferred seating for the Saturday evening dinner and concert.  A $75 Top Hand ticket provides admission for all events after 11:00 am on Saturday which includes dinner, dance and the concert.  Tickets are on sale now at http://cattlemensball.com/ or by calling(308) 235-2289.

Organizers are in need of 600 volunteers for the event and those interested in assisting should call Kenny Stauffer at 641-0429 or email: cattlemensballne2014@gmail.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KDUH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.