Cattlemen's Ball continuing efforts to raise $2.5M for cancer re - kotanow.com- Scottsbluff Area News, Sports, and Weather

Cattlemen's Ball continuing efforts to raise $2.5M for cancer research

Posted: Updated:

Nebraska ranchers are continuing their effort to 'corral a cure' for cancer.
 
For the first time in years, the annual Nebraska Cattlemen's Ball is coming back to western Nebraska.

This June, musical act Montgomery Gentry will perform at the Hoot Owl Ranch in Banner County.

Event organizers have set a hearty goal of raising $2.5 million dollars at this years ball.

90 percent of that will go to the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, with the remaining 10 percent staying for local medical organizations.
 
Kenny Stauffer is asking for local organizations and sponsors to step up to help them reach their fundraising goal.

"What we need support and help with right now is our #1 goal- which is finding a cure for cancer. We need all the support from this community and all the surrounding communities to help us reach this goal."

For more information, you can go to www.cattlemensball.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KDUH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.