First responders say carbon monoxide calls increasing - kotanow.com- Scottsbluff Area News, Sports, and Weather

First responders say carbon monoxide calls increasing

Posted: Updated:

 

Carbon monoxide is often referred to as a silent, deadly killer, and first responders say the number of carbon-monoxide calls are increasing.
 
Carbon monoxide is dangerous in that it is virtually odorless and tasteless.

Long-term and exposure to the gas can be fatal.

Scottsbluff Fire Chief Dana Miller says he's been seeing a lot more carbon monoxide cases in the last few years, something he attributes to the high cost of energy.
 
"And so people are making their homes and businesses more energy efficient so they're sealing them up a lot tighter and so what that does is it doesn't allow the carbon monoxide that would normally just escape out of the house through the normal process."
 
Miller says a simple way to protect your home or business from carbon monoxide poisoning is to invest in a carbon monoxide detector, found at any hardware store.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KDUH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.